Friday, June 6, 2014

OK, so it is actually the Best Room Ever

We’re at sea again, with just one more port to go before we drive home. The waters are a lot calmer today than they were that first day, but I still have a Magic Pill on board.

Shipboard consensus is that the first day was indeed pretty nauseating. A 4-time-Alaska-cruiser said that it was by far the worst sea day he had experienced on this route. And the naturalist on board gave it a 6 on a 12-point scale combining wind and wave action. So, all of this is to say, my green gills weren’t entirely our caboose room’s fault.

Rather, I now emphatically agree that our way back room is absolutely an upgrade. So much so that I now believe Alaska via cruise ship should not be experienced any other way. With calm waters, the view back there cannot be beat.

We have made extensive use of our balcony…gawking, photographing, eating, sipping, lounging. Despite the cold air, we had no wind back there. So the blankets I snagged after the first Movie Under the Stars ended up being unnecessary. So yep, Best Cruise Room EVER!

So with that, here’s a little pictorial review of our Room With a View:

Ketchikan:


Tracy Arm Fjord:




Skagway:






Part of my "Ansel Adams" collection


2 comments:

smolin said...

Wow, those pics are fantastic!

Toni at Woodhaven said...

Thanks, Steve! That is high praise coming from you! I love my little camera. It's only a point-and-shoot but it is mighty! (Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 with a Leica lens)