Wednesday, August 13, 2014

After the Final Corn Dog

On our way to dinner, Rob asked me what I had eaten today. As I recapped my list, he said, "You need to put up a blog about that."

And so here is what Eating Post-Fair looks like at Woodhaven. I can't do a photographic food parade, largely because it didn't occur to me to take any photos but also because the food is really boring, and I didn't take a shower until the parade was nearly over.

Here is what I ate while goofing around on the computer, lying on a heating pad, zapping my brain pain signals, and reading 12 days' worth of newspapers:

  • One smoothie consisting of 1 Key Lime yogurt, 1 banana, 5 frozen strawberries (approx), 4 frozen pineapple chunks (approx), and 3 glugs of orange juice (exact)
  • Enough baby carrots to be able to put the lid on the container, so probably about a cup's worth...sprinkled with salt
  • About 10 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins
  • An entree salad at a local restaurant featuring spinach, kale, strawberries, grilled chicken, a light vinaigrette, not enough feta, and too many candied pecans (so much so, I asked for a plate to transfer them to) 
  • I am currently sipping on a mug of Sweet Dreams herbal tea

I didn't wear my pedometer today, but I'm guessing I walked about 500 yards, most of which was in a parking lot.

Maybe it's even more obvious now why I love The Fair so?

And strangely enough, this short and pathetic list is not a conscious effort to lose the weight I gained having calories of fun last week. I actually don't have much of an appetite at the moment. I think there's something about the smell of livestock, hay, and fried dough that opens the gate to my hollow leg. It's all closed shut now, which I suppose is a good thing.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go crazy and have a piece of string cheese.


No comments: